Monday, September 08, 2008

Not quite perfect

I had a rough and generally cantankerous weekend. I found a way to be grouchy about our free time, irritated with M for being less than perfectly helpful, annoyed at the (lack of) progress on our weekend chores. Each of these things matters, a little bit, but not a whole lot. This weekend, it all mattered very very much. GRAR.

Then M pointed out that maaaaaaybe I have a few too many things on my plate right now, with no real way to jettison any of them for a while. ... Well... um... maybe. He might be right. *headdesk*

If we didn't live together, I'd hole up and hide for a while until I felt more friendly. But that doesn't work too well with roommates of any flavor. And we don't really see each other during the week, so "wasting" my weekends on being separate and grouchy isn't very fulfilling.

BAH.

And that part of me, right there, is the bit that doesn't quite yet get that he'll be around tomorrow or next week or next year. See the crazy? Everyone wave at the crazy? Maybe now it will go away. I clearly have a lot to learn about balancing "us" with needing "me" time, not to mention sorting out work vs home.

I'm hoping the feeling that I'm flying by the seat of my pants will go away soon. I guess they can't all be good days, though. At least I made some very good tomato soup--that's my victory for the weekend.

1 comment:

fluffystuff said...

Honey, as soon as you can, you grab that nice man and hug and squeeze and love and apologize until he feels wanted and respected and loved. Life is too short to live with a grump on the weekend and you don't want him to live somewhere else.
I know how grumpy you can be, too.