Not all here
As you may have guessed from the previous post, almost all of my social energy is going toward supporting the slew of meetings that are (supposedly) supporting my project. It's a lot of telephone calls, emails, in-person meetings on top of my usual requirements to be on-site and making progress. I'm so burnt out on talking by the end of the day that I just want to lie on the couch and read, or beat stuff up in WoW (while totally ignoring guild chat), or stare at the wall until my eyes begin to unfocus.
For everyone else in the region, it's end of quarter... which means they're scrambling, too. There's other stuff going on in the greater picture, too, that have people stressed and anxious. I am too stressed and anxious about my very narrow picture to care as much as I should about the rest of the region. This will probably be a problem later, but that's later and I have other problems now.
Oh yeah... and the economy is tanking and may be taking the global economy with it. If I chant "given time, the market will correct" over and over again, can I pretend that capitalism will right itself without my needing to get too up in arms over the latest SNAFU?
If I'm not answering your email, phone call, text message, carrier pigeon, war drum or smoke signals fast enough for your liking, I do apologize. Bear with me. Some day this will be over and I'll go back to life as usual.
And please... don't ask me if I'm quitting, too. It's not as funny as you think, and it's definitely getting old. Furthermore, you shouldn't be putting ideas like that in my head. Tsk, tsk. The most recent person to ask me was my direct line manager. I totally should have said "yes" just to see his face...
No comments:
Post a Comment