Monday, August 18, 2008

I play with robots

For the last year, I've worked on one major project with a few other things sprinkled in for variety. This is the project that took me back to RTP for two weeks at a time, once a month, from October through January. This is the same product line that sent me to Boston for two weeks in February. And now, this has been my everyday assignment since the end of March.

Over the weekend I was very hopeful that things were turning around. We'd be back on trajectory to finish out this project, and I could almost smell a nice Fall vacation from here. Of course, Monday was bound to roll around and ruin the optimism yet again. Things are not as rosy as we'd hoped, old issues are rearing their heads, and a 3rd-party hardware malfunction may melt-down my week's to-do list.

I am so sick of this on-again-off-again roller coaster ride. When it was a stressful project that kept chugging along, that was one thing. Now we're mired in this troubleshooting morass with no forward momentum.

Whine whine whine. I know.

In other news, M and I visited the lodge again (there are pictures up on flickr for the curious). We really love it. When I get my vacation time, we want to go up and stay for a weekend and explore the area a bit more. Both the manager and owner are friendly and very helpful. We bombarded them with questions, and they were very accomodating and forth-right.

So I have one project dragging its feet and stumbling along, and one that's off the ground and running smoothly before it's officially begun. I guess there's balance there, if you squint and turn your head sideways to look for it.

Oh, and Autumn can hurry up and get here whenever it likes. I'm ready and waiting. Mabon seems very far away at the rate things are going.

No comments: