The Clan
I started counting... On my side (just family!) we made it to 45 without blinking. That's my parents (all four of them), grandparents (except the crazy one), and siblings (not even with E's kids in the count), my step dad's parents (but not his sister, +spouse, +2kids), my step mom's mother and siblings (but not their kids, and grandkids), the aunts, uncles and cousins I grew up with (plus spouses for the ones who've already married and +guest for the adults).
"Intimate" went right out the window. I should have known that was coming given the average size & distribution of holiday gatherings when I was a kid, but it's still overwhelming. I really wanted to keep our guest list closer to 80 (with 100 being "huge"), but that means inviting very few friends and paring down the family invites.
1 comment:
Isn't it sad that the happy day of your marriage is spent with the family you are trying to get away from.
I have a plan for this. You pick the size of the wedding reception- 50, then you take enough invites for your friends. Divide the balance between your mom/dad and his mom/dad and let them deal with it.
All others get Announcements, not invites.
All I need is 4 invites. Trust me on this.
Post a Comment