Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Robots, paint, Dad, and memes

My job today is to watch my robot run. (Run, robot, run.) I went to lunch with my dad, while the robot ran. (Run, robot, run.) In light of this fascinating workday... I bring you a meme. Copied from Rosie. Filled out while my robot runs, because watching the robot is only almost as exciting as watching paint dry...

1. The phone rings; who do you want it to be? Which phone? The landline? A telemarketer (heh… it’s hooked directly up to the fax). My work phone? My project lead, M, a small handful of FAEs, anyone else goes directly to voicemail. My personal cell? Mom, Liz, T’yr, Matt, Lia, Scott, Nick-nick… I like answering my personal cell. It rings a lot less than the other two.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Usually. I’ll even walk it back to the front of the store if the return area is full. Unless I’m feeling lazy, or it’s extraordinarily inconvenient. Then I park it on a nearby curb and hope no one was watching.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? Talker. Listening never was my strong point. And I certainly can't lie about that, my mom reads my blog.
4. Do you take compliments well? Not unless I feel like I’ve earned them.
5. Do you play Sudoku? Yes, but not in awhile.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? Probably not. I think I’d make a decent go of it, but ultimately perish.
7. Do you like to ride horses? The few times I’ve tried have been enjoyable, but it’s not a hobby of mine.
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Sixth grade camp, girl scout outings & encampments, but never summer camp.
9. What was your favorite game as a kid? I don’t remember.
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you go for it? Nope.
11. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? Been there, done that, doing that now. It’s different, and sometimes it’s hard, and sometimes it makes me sad, but mutual respect is more important to me than identical ideologies.
12. Do any songs make you cry? Yes.
13. Are you continuing your education? In an informal fashion, yes. Consider it a constant, continual independent-study program.
14. Do you know how to shoot a gun? Nope, never held one either.
15. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? Important documents, my piano books (they’re already in my trunk), red quilt… M and I really should sit down, talk about this, and get the whole emergency evac plan organized.
16. How often do you read books? Constantly. I’m currently reading If on a winter’s night a traveler, by Italo Calvino.
17. Do you think more about the past, present or future? Right now? The future. On an average? All three come out pretty evenly.
18. What is your favorite children's book? "Hey, Kid. I’ve got this thing. It’s white and black and grey. I’m gonna let you have it, Kid. Today’s your lucky day. ..."
19. What color are your eyes? Green…ish.
20. How tall are you? 5’7”
21. Where is your dream house located? At my house! It may not be perfect, but it’s mine, and it’s getting better every week(end).
22. Do you have a secret fetish? Uh… no?
23. Have you tried sushi? Mmmm, tasty.
24. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? Nope.
25. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? It was rainy, so I’m going to go with “sometime before I moved, but after summer.”
26. When was the last time you were at Church? “Church” specifically? Or “any religious congregation that happened to be in a building”? Or “any religious convocation at all”? Or “one specifically that recognized the one true God above all other gods” (which, naturally, do not exist)? Does it count if I was only there to sing?
27. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? From home to work, which is currently near UTC.
28. What was your favorite job? This one, but it’s losing ground right now….
29. Do you like mustard? Delicious.
30. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? Depends on who’s cooking.
31. Do you look like your mom or dad? Mom.
32. How long does it take you in the shower. ~10 minutes. If I'm sick, longer.
33. Can you do splits? Haven’t tried in awhile, probably but only one way.
34. What movie do you want to see right now? … Movies?
35. If you could fast forward your life, would you? Nope. Things are pretty good right now, I’d like to savor that. And who knows what tomorrow will bring… I’ll take my chances with today, thanks.
36. What did you do for New Year's? It involved Tyr & Liz… I think. And I believe I was actually in this state.
37. Do you think The Grudge was scary? Is this a Movie?
38. Could you relate to a character in Mean Girls? Again, Pop Culture and I do not exactly have weekly coffee dates.
39. Do you own a camera phone? Technically, work owns it.
40. Do you have an "ex box" with pics and letters from past lovers? No. M has an X-box 360.
41. Was your mom a cheerleader? It's not likely.
42. What's the last letter of your middle name? N
43. Do you like your middle name? I find it relatively inoffensive.
44. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? I prefer 8-9, but it all depends on when I go to sleep.
45. Do you like care bears? I will refer this question my seven-year-old self. She declines to comment.
46. What do you buy at the movies? Tickets?
47. Do you know how to play poker? Yes, unless you’re asking me to play right now… then I don’t know.
48. Do you wear your seat belt? "Click it or ticket."
49. What do you wear to sleep? Tank top & really worn flannel pants.
50. Anything big ever happen in your hometown? Yes, and often.
51. How many meals do you eat a day? Two, and a snack.
52. Is your tongue pierced? Eww.
53. Do you like funny or serious people better? Genuinely funny people great. People who only think they’re funny get old. Serious is a safer bet, but safe gets boring.
54. Ever been to L.A.? Often, unfortunately.
55. Did you eat a cookie today? No.
56. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? The only new music I’ve gotten in the last year has been CDs I bought, ripped, and stuck on my iPod.
57. Do you hate chocolate? No. Silly question.
58. What do you and your parents fight about the most? … Let’s just relish the fact that we’re not currently fighting.
59. Are you a gullible person? Yes… in parts.
60. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy? No.
61. If you could have any job what would it be? I enjoy this automation stuff… I got to show my dad my robot today. I’d like to study how automation shifts experimental design paradigms and drives Informatics, or AI. But only if that doesn’t take me too far away from building things with my own hands.
62. Are you easy to get along with? Ask my friends… I think I’m nice enough as an acquaintance, but difficult as a friend.
63. What is your favorite time of day? Dusk and twilight.

No comments: